1. Load the orders on handheld device for a specific route on a specific day. 2. Check out the driver money and the stocks loaded on the van. 3. Once in the shop, the driver may can perform different actions related with the visit like order taking, delivery, count the customer stock, make merchandizing activities, register returns or exchanges, collect the money, and others. 4. When the driver returns from the route deliveries, with the help of the depot supervisor, he makes the check-in, controlling the goods and the money that left. 5. The handheld information is send to the synchronization server and exported to the ERP.
Nomad allows to configure by route type the operations to be perform, generating different business processes, like Pre-Sale, Van Sales (cash van), Delivery, Merchandizing, etc.
Nomad includes different products to handle and monitor the operation:
1. Nomad Mobile: Hand Held Tool to handle the visits and the stock on the van.
2. Nomad Front Office: Web tool to set-up, administer the nomad solution and check the information flow.
3. Nomad Xserver: Synchronization engine that performs the full integration between the ERP and the mobile solution.
4. Nomad Reports: OLAP repository which privides the information agregated by customer type, product type and route organization.
More than 8000 users implemented in different parts of the world prove that Nomad Platform was designed thinking on the type of user that will handle it. This generates excellent ergonomic results for the platform usage.
The synchronization between Nomad Mobile and Nomad Xserver is made by using any TCP channel. This provides the platform the possibility to be independent of the technology selected to perform this communication.
Nomad Communication Protocol assures the information exchange between Nomad Mobile and Nomad Xserver is the minimum needed to be updated in both sides, decreasing costs and saving problems and time.
Nomad has defined three set of interfaces:
- SAP R/3 Native interfaces - Generic Interfaces: Fix format with the minimum of information needed to run the platform. - Excel Interface: import the information by demand using excel formats
It is also possible to Create/Maintain the master Data on Nomad Front Office
Currently 8 of the top 10 Food and Beverage companies and 6 of the top 10 Tobacco companies implements DSD processes run its distribution using DSD processes.
Nomad is designed to accomplish the particularities of this business, defining different route types (pre-sales, delivery, van sales, merchandizing, etc) that help the business to implement different sales circuits based on the DSD strategy.
Nomad was designed to be implemented in different locations around the world. Completely customizable in terms of languages, keyboards and currency.
Its price calculation method, based on SAP pricing, provides the necessary flexibility to be adapted to almost all the business logics and tax regulations.
Nomad commercialization model, using the concept of Software as a Service (Saas), allows us to have in our customers portfolio a range of companies that goes from 20 users to 2000, all with the same level of services.
The best approach to implement the solution in big corporations is creating a centralized competence center that coordinates and monitors the activities of the different subsidiaries.
Based on this, all the subsidiaries should apply common sales tools and practices simplifying the control and monitor of the headquarters.
“Nomad reports” has also the possibility to integrate sales information from the different subsidiaries in order to provide a full picture of the activity.